By Karli Watson
* delivering newcomers with the fundamentals of databases, database layout, and SQL programming, this ebook exhibits beginner programmers how one can use C# and ADO.NET to control info in databases * comprises hands-on examples, beneficial guidance, and real-world eventualities on gaining access to facts from home windows functions, ASP.NET purposes, and net prone * The SQL supplier for having access to SQL Server databases, ADO.NET, and the recent .NET 2.0 positive factors * Covers the basics of getting access to and manipulating facts whereas giving an exceptional knowing of relational database layout * themes lined comprise editing information, customized info binding, operating with disconnected information, and masses extra
Read or Download Beginning C# 2005 Databases PDF
Similar c# books
This booklet addresses the basic devices of home windows and . web programming - threads. a powerful figuring out of the position threads play in software execution, how a number of threads can engage with a purpose to make effective courses, and the pitfalls to watch out for whilst constructing multithreaded purposes, are all middle to a developer's skill to strengthen potent C# courses.
C# 24-Hour coach, second variation is your speedy and simple consultant to programming in C#, no matter if you don't have any programming adventure in any respect. up to date to align with the most recent C# general, this ebook is your finished beginner's advisor, with each one lesson supplemented via a video, for over ten hours of video education.
- C# Design Patterns: A Tutorial
- Professional C# 2005
- C# 2008 Programmer's Reference
- Beginning Silverlight 5 in C#
- Windows Phone 7 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
- C# 5.0 Pocket Reference
Additional resources for Beginning C# 2005 Databases
The client applications don’t have to make more complicated queries involving joins to obtain this information, because it is already combined in the view. The view looks and behaves identically to a table in every way except that it doesn’t actually contain any data; instead, it provides an indirect way to access data stored elsewhere in the database. Apart from the obvious advantage of a view — that querying the underlying data is simplified for client applications — there is another important point to note.
Most DBMSes also enable you to integrate with existing forms of authentication, such as Windows account authentication. qxd:WroxBeg 9/12/06 10:31 PM Page 12 Chapter 1 their usual account details, and this login is then forwarded on to the database by any applications that are used. An advantage here is that at no point does the application need to be aware of the security details entered by the user — it simply forwards them on from its context. Alternatively, you can use DBMS-specific forms of authentication, which typically involve passing a username and password combination to the DBMS over a secure connection.
This may adversely affect performance, because while one user is editing a row, no other users can read data from it, but the protection of data is guaranteed. This scheme enforces sequential data access. Most of the time, concurrency control is jointly handled by the DBMS and the client application. NET, and data is handled in a disconnected way. qxd:WroxBeg 9/12/06 10:31 PM Page 13 Database Fundamentals that the DBMS is unaware of whether rows are “checked out” at any given time, which makes it impossible to implement pessimistic concurrency control.
Beginning C# 2005 Databases by Karli Watson